Financial Aid & Scholarship Opportunities
Access your student needs analysis calculator and determine approximate financial needs
To apply for any Federal Student Aid Program, visit Federal Student Aid. Use School code: 030612
- New FAFSA User: If you are new to FAFSA and have never completed a FAFSA before, click on Start Here. You will need to set up a user name and password.
- Returning FAFSA User: If you have completed a FAFSA online before, go to Returning User and click Log In.
At this site, students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year they attend Midwest College of Oriental Medicine. First-time borrowers must also complete Entrance Counseling and sign their Master Promissory Note (MPN) by visiting the link: www.studentloans.gov
Loan and Grant Eligibility: Students may qualify for two types of assistance through Federal Student Aid.
Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Direct Loans are subject to annual limits and may be used to pay for costs of education (tuition and fees) in excess of your EFC (expected family contribution).
The Federal Pell Grant is available only to Acupuncture students who have not received a four-year post-secondary degree. This amount is determined by the U.S. Department of Education and your EFC.
Scholarships: Some students are interested in scholarship opportunities. You can identify scholarships available for students studying Acupuncture/Oriental Medicine at https://www.acupuncture.edu/scholarships/
Approval/Receipt of Aid/Graduate: Students waiting for financial aid approval must follow the tuition schedule policy (see Tuition/Refund). Students that are not registered at least half-time, withdraw or drop, will not be able to receive financial aid. Additionally, students who withdraw or graduate must complete an Exit Interview by visiting the link: https://nslds.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
Excess Money: If financial aid received exceeds the amount due to the school after tuition and fees are paid, the student may choose one of two options:
- The credit balance can be issued to the borrower within 14 calendar days after the date loans and grants are received.
- The credit balance can be returned to the lender, reducing the amount borrowed, and interest paid.
If you have questions or concerns about financial aid, please call us today at 1-800-593-2320.
If you have questions or concerns about financial aid, please call us today
Denise Bertucci Memorial Scholarship
The Denise Bertucci Memorial Scholarship fund was developed to recognize and encourage individuals who have returned to school after a break in their formal education. These individuals should exhibit a desire for self-improvement and leadership abilities while at the same time being able to maintain an above average grade point. The scholarship was named the Denise Bertucci Memorial Scholarship to recognize the contributions this young woman made to her family, community and to the JCI Wisconsin (f/k/a the Wisconsin Jaycees). These scholarships are sponsored by the Jaycees of Wisconsin Foundation, Inc., and given out annually.
Denise Bertucci Memorial Scholarship (Wisconsin Residents Only)
This scholarship fund was developed to recognize and encourage individuals who have returned to school after a break in their formal education.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age, having returned to school after at least two years off.
- Applicant must be a continuing student with at least 2 semesters of school completed since returning to school. (Summer school does not apply and student must be enrolled in upcoming term.)
- Applicant must be attending a Wisconsin post-secondary institution pursuing a minimum of a two-year undergraduate program.
- The student must be a full-time student as defined by the school in which they are enrolled.
- The applicant must have a 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale. A transcript of grades must be included in the application packet submitted.
- Three letters of recommendation (limited to one page per letter) must be included in the application packet.
- Answers to questions must be typewritten.
- Application must be organized in the following order:
- Application form with name and questions
- Answers to questions
- Official Transcripts
- Recommendation letters
(Either staple or paper clip all information together.)
- Review your submissions carefully before sending them in. Any part of the application not completed or any attachment missing will disqualify the applicant from consideration. Application deadline is June 30th of each year, and therefore should be postmarked no later than June 30th.
- FOR MORE INFO OR QUESTIONS, CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE BY E-MAIL AT email@example.com
Information will be verified. Information found to be inaccurate will disqualify applicant. All decisions of the Jaycees of Wisconsin Foundation Scholarship Committee will be final.
Deadline is June 30th of each year. Applications should be postmarked no later than June 30th.
Application packets should be mailed to:
Foundation Scholarship Committee
c/o Jaycees of Wisconsin Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 1547
Appleton, WI 54912
Nuherbs Chinese Medicine Scholarship
Through this scholarship program, Nuherbs Co. has pledged its ongoing support to the future of Chinese Medicine and this beautiful heritage of healing. Offering three Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture scholarships to aid Acupuncture students in their studies.
Mayway Scholarship Program
Mayway USA is offering scholarships for qualified Oriental Medicine students.
Trudy McAlister Fund Scholarship
The Triskeles Foundation offers this donor-funded scholarship for students of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in ACAOM accredited or candidate school